ABOUT THE LINCOLNSHIRE JOINT FORMULARY
This Formulary is intended for use by prescribers across the Lincolnshire Health Community The development of the formulary has been overseen by the Prescribing and Clinical Effectiveness Forum (PACEF) working in conjunction with the Drugs and Therapeutics Committee based in United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust.
The content and choices are based on clinical evidence as well as consultant and GP opinion and incorporate the latest NICE guidance. The formulary aims to provide information on medicines available to prescribers in Lincolnshire, reflecting safe, evidence-based, cost-effective choices.
The aim is that the Joint Formulary will cover 80-90% of prescribing within the Lincolnshire Health Community, however there will be instances where prescribing outside of the formulary will be both necessary and appropriate.
The Formulary is not intended to be a static document. If you would like a drug to be considered for inclusion in the Formulary please contact your local prescribing adviser or in secondary care contact your local Medicines Information department.
· Searchable by medicine name / class / condition or BNF chapter/subsection
· Hyperlinks to e-BNF, e-BNFc and to the electronic medicines compendium which holds Summaries of product Characteristics
· First and Second choices shown where possible to assist cost-effective prescribing
· Restricted medicines show approved indications and/or prescribers
· Traffic light status displayed
· Links to relevant local and national guidelines
· Feedback section for users – send us your comments!
· United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust
· Lincolnshire Partnership Foundation Trust
· Lincolnshire East Clinical Commissioning Group
· Lincolnshire West Clinical Commissioning Group
· South Lincolnshire Clinical Commissioning Group
· South West Lincolnshire East Clinical Commissioning Group
· Lincolnshire Community Health Services
Every care has been taken in the compilation and publication of the content on our website. However, the Prescribing and Clinical Effectiveness Forum (PACEF) and the Drugs and Therapeutics Committee (and its constituent members) will not be held responsible for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused as a result of any inaccuracy or error within these pages.
Members of the Public
Please note that all material in this site is aimed at healthcare professionals. Members of the public seeking advice on any medicine-related matters are encouraged to contact NHS Direct, or speak with their GP, pharmacist or nurse.
Visits = 57352